Saturday, September 17, 2016

My Letter to the NFL Commissioner: I Can Take-A-Knee Too...

The following (minus the pictures) is the letter that I wrote to the NFL Commissioner to express my disgust with recent on-field player behavior. If you'd like to write your own letter To Roger Goodell, his email address is: officeofcommissioner@nfl.com



I'm a life-long Broncos fan, and I was ELATED last season when they brought home the Lombardi trophy! 

The Sherriff

Ever since then I've been teetering on the edge of buying some team-autographed helmets to place in my Broncos-Den!


Unfortunately, this season isn't shaping up to be quite what I'd hoped for. Although I'm happy that Denver is 1-0, LB Brandon Marshall's decision to take-a-knee during the Star Spangled Banner has infuriated me!

Other players' actions on 9/11 have only compounded this feeling. As a result, I have decided that as long as  the NFL allows it's players to disrespect my country by taking-a-knee during the National Anthem, then I will not participate in any NFL related activities. I will not watch a single game. I will not attend, even though I've been planning for weeks to attend the Jaguars vs. Broncos game in December. I will not participate in social media posts that are pro-NFL or pro-player, and I most certainly will not purchase any NFL merchandise...including autographed helmets.


Mr. Goodell:
As long as you allow your players to take-a-knee during my anthem, my family and I will take-a-knee on this season, and any other subsequent seasons...until this matter has been resolved.

Thank you for your time. I wish you the best of luck.

Sincerely,
Christopher M. Fennell

No comments:

Post a Comment